Tuesday, July 27, 2010

George Nelson and Eames

I try to stay away from nursery decor that doesn't last long in terms of style/age of baby. I want to get a clock (so I can watch how long it takes for me to rock/nurse him to sleep??) and also a wall coat hook. I can't remember where I saw this, but eBay was having a promotion that called for different interior designers to fully furnish and decorate an apartment using only items found on eBay (cool, right?). One of the rooms happened to be a nursery and the designer had it done up in a contemporary style. That is where I first saw the George Nelson Ball clock and Eames Hang-It-All hooks. I immediately knew that I'd want to have these things in Elijah's room. I love that they can be enjoyed by children and adults alike since while they are child-like enough for the nursery, they also appeal to the design purist inside of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails